Toshiba noworka!
On Monday our laptop decided to crap out. In the afternoon it was working fine. Lindsay and I went out for a run and a beer, returned home, turned on the computer.... and nothing. The fan goes but the hard disk doesn't "engage". Black screen - no windows - no access to important things -- life asunder!! The computer is only two months old.
When your computer goes down you feel helpless. It's not like your chain coming off your bike, which might make some people feel helpless but which is really quite easy to fix if you take a moment. No - the loss of computer function is like a strange banging in your car's engine, or a strange twisting pain in your chest. Complex things are going to hell and you need professional help to get it sorted!
Fortunately, the computer is under international warranty and Toshiba has a fix-it joint some 20 miles down the road in Swindon. Off to Swindon we go! I hear that the roads are paved with electroplate and that giant AI's hover above the town, providing guidance to the robotic townspeople and tourists.



5 Comments:
I know how you feel. My computer has been crashing regularly for the last few months, and froze up again last night. No idea why, and Sony can't help me, since I reinstalled Windows a while back and wiped all their factory software. I hate/love computers!!
Comments noworka!
Something's wrong with your blog, Gned, comments never seem to show up.
For the record, I too have been having serious computer problems, so I know the feeling and sympathize.
Tell us more of this place where they take broken computalators and turn them magically into functioning computalators. What kind of scorcery do they use? Are there 10,000 gnomes with screwdrivers and soldering irons chained to benches fixing all the broken laptopulons.
I have heard of these mystical places but only in hushed tones and as if they were in far off, inaccessibly locations where only the priviledged few might venture. Oh glorious day that you might have visited and can regale us with tales of your Toshibahan experiences.
I look forward with breath both bated and spritzed with a freshener to your story.
The world is dying to know: don't leave us hanging - what happened to Gned in Swindon? Did the Toshiba Trolls help you out - or did they try to put you in a pot?
Now that I've seen Swindon (thankfully passing quickly into the rearview mirror as we cruised by) I can better understand the lagtime in getting the computer fixed. The Toshiba building is firmly ensconced in a farmer's field, the smithy out back furiously beating swords into laptop hinges, the milkmaids and stableboys only half-heartedly wiping the manure off their hands before heading in to work their shift fixing the quaint little thinking machines.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home